Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
Responsible for building out the Data engineering team, managing the technical development process, and driving forward our data infrastructure. A key aspect of the role is to understand the complexity of the business and assure the successful execution of the company’s mission through development, enhancement and deployment of the data warehouse to enable critical insights in a seamless manner. Your impressive skills as a technologist will allow you to own the Engineering Roadmap, architect a scalable solution, as well as lead the charge on various data related automation. You are well respected for your technical process, but take even more pride in the accomplishments and growth of the team
Responsible for DW design, development, maintenance, optimization and testing. Develops detailed program specifications for self and others.
- Work closely with Analytics leadership and business stakeholders to help define and execute on the reporting goals and roadmap.
- Lead and manage the data engineering team in development processes and technical decisions. Driving forward the creation of scalable data architecture and various automation processes including continuous integration and data integrity.
- Responsible for understanding user requirements and translating those requirements into well designed solutions
- Ensure that programs are functionally appropriate and technically sound. Understand interdependencies and act to avoid problems.
- Comply with project management methodology requirements as appropriate
- Perform design & code review function for the development project
- Maintain the existing data warehouse system, provide optimizations and ensure timely & data available for reporting to business.
- Lead ETL/ELT development, unit testing and deployment and participates in integration testing activities and UAT as needed
- Recruit and grow data engineers
- Interacts with business POCs to design, develop, test and deliver solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to new/junior ETL developers.
- Works closely with Analytics team to develop work plan for Data Warehouse projects and keep the manager aware of any issues.
Education: B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems preferred, and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
Experience: Position typically filled by candidate having 6+ years of experience in Data Warehouse/Data Integration , with 3+ years of experience leading data warehouse design and managing a team.
Accomplishments & Core Competencies
- Strong skills in DW design, development, testing and deployment.
- Understands and implements DW best practices, tuning and optimization
- Ability to review the technical work of less senior ETL/ELT developers, analyze and resolve problems of medium/high complexity.
- Experience deploying reporting and analytics tools (Tableau, Chartio, Business Object etc)
- Database Design, SQL and Database Performance Tuning Experience
- Experience dealing with large data volumes
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment.
- Experience providing alternative actions or leading problem resolution and escalation
- Good partnering, communication, customer service and negotiation skill
- Previous startup experience at similarly sized companies preferable.
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over 50,000+ members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top