Senior Communications Manager, West Coast
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Senior Communications Manager for the West Coast region. This full-time position will be based in either Los Angeles or San Francisco and will report to the Senior Director of Communications for the Americas, based in New York City. The position will offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to join one of the world's foremost late-stage growth companies and help build our brand in the Western region.
The Senior Communications Manager, West Coast, will manage WeWork’s communications efforts day-to-day across our current Western region locations in California, Oregon, Washington and Colorado. The primary objective of the role is to develop and implement a wide range of communications plans and initiatives to promote WeWork to our potential member base in both our established Western region territories and as we launch in new markets. The Senior Communications Manager, West Coast, will work in a fast-moving cross-functional organization with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a wide range of proactive communications plans and initiatives to promote WeWork to our potential member base in our established Western region territories
- Work with the Senior Director, Communications to develop and implement launch strategies for new markets
- Act as the primary contact for our in-market local agencies on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the public perception of the WeWork brand on a daily basis, monitoring for coverage and quickly correcting any misperceptions in the marketplace
- Assess speaking engagement opportunities for our executives in Western regions, and manage those opportunities from decision-point through the event itself
- Prepare Western region executives in advance of interview opportunities with messaging and prep
- Liaise frequently with WeWork’s communications team in New York City to ensure that all communications are aligned with our wider strategy
- Work with the events team to vet opportunities for media interest and secure media to cover WeWork events
- Sign off on messaging for executive presentations and other forms of collateral, such as external invitations, etc.
- Fluent in English, Spanish proficiency a plus (speaking and writing)
- At least 6-8 years of communications experience, including either experience managing agencies, or experience working for an agency
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories
- Ability to develop strategic communications plans and advise senior leaders on communications strategy while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a media strategy, as well as work directly with reporters to implement it
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions
- Experience with a wide range of communication channels including digital, broadcast, and print
- Ability to travel to both existing and new locations in the region
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top