Senior Associate, Sales Development
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Sales Development. This full time position is based in London and will report directly to the Director of Sales Operations. This individual will be responsible for working with a successful Sales Development team, while helping to execute and achieve team sales goals. Our team is the front lines of the sales process, which is why we need individuals who understand and are passionate about the WeWork experience.
As a successful Senior Associate, Sales Development your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Based in our HQ offices, lead certain WeWork markets from a lead generation and sales perspective
- Nurture, develop and close leads via the telephone that ultimately result in booked tours with regional sales leads
- Carry out processes implemented by the Director of Sales Operations
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes
- Develop and close leads through sales processes
- Analyze data to help improve sales processes and strategy
- Coordinate with other teams to increase lead generation efforts
- Work with the Sales Development team to achieve team goals
- Work with automation platforms to efficiently input and track data
- Own the outbound sales process: outbound lead qualification, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Be a creative thinker who looks outside of the box to find solutions to meet growing sales targets
- Attend sales meetings for your markets and provide sales solutions for how the Sales Development team can support those local teams efforts
- Be a jack of all trades: you will do anything needed to support the Sales Development team in order to achieve team goals
- Execute strategy and process implemented by Director of Sales Operations
- Work towards/maintain 100% building occupancy through achieving booked tour goals
- Communicate the WeWork brand and lifestyle to ensure the highest conversion rate of booked tours
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of sales experience in startups and/or entrepreneurial environments
- Track record of sales in outbound calling and emailing are highly desirable
- Comfortable using marketing automation platforms and CRM – Salesforce experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting, developing and closing sales
- Experience in customer service and relationship building are highly desirable
- Experience working on a team and owning a team player mentality
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – WeWork is growing incredibly quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills and multi-tasking skills
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done. You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to identify needs of customer and create/drive solutions
- High level of empathy and ability to anticipate needs – understanding as much of the importance of what is unsaid
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input. You’re open to new and innovative solutions and are also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top