Senior Analyst, Digital Member Experience
About the Role
We are seeking a sharp Data Analyst to provide insights and recommendations to help drive strategy and execution within WeWork’s Digital Member Experience team. Our mission is to build digital experiences that our community loves to use because they help them become more successful and make their lives better every day. The Member Experiences team, which is responsible for the native WeWork iOS & Android apps as well as a web experience, is focused on building experiences that (1) make everyday tasks as easy and effortless as possible, (2) help our members improve and grow their businesses, and (3) help our members improve themselves.
The ideal candidate for this role is highly analytical, passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, and excellent at developing solutions. The role will span a variety of aspects around a particular product offering and may cover areas such as web analytics, user analysis, UX as well as market analysis. This position is based out our WeWork HQ in New York City.
Business Unit: Data & Analytics
The centralized WeWork data & analytics organization drives efficient decision-making and optimization via data-driven insights and recommendations. We are a closely-knit group composed of five sub-teams:
- Business Intelligence: develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Insights: supports various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Vertical Analytics : Functional specialists to drive day-to-day operational and product decisions via data analyses, A/B testing, and research.
- Data Science: deploys impactful data products based on advanced analytics and machine learning.
- Data engineering: provide the analytics infrastructure for the whole of WeWork.
We are seeking a top-notch analyst for the Vertical Analytics team to help drive reporting, analysis and recommendation for member experiences to augment product strategy and provide actionable insights. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and is passionate about visualizing data in compelling and actionable ways.
- Work with the product managers and other team members to identify opportunities to improve and enhance our member experience products.
- Provide recommendations on what should be instrumented.
- Propose, design, and monitor A/B tests. Analyze the results and make recommendations.
- Analyze digital member product traffic and customer behavior. Provide recommendations to increase member adoption and engagement.
- Sizing analyses to help drive business decisions & roadmap prioritization.
- Ad hoc support for key business needs or requests.
Four to seven years functional experience required, preferably in a technical role. We are after individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have a great track record. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Expertise in one or more BI and data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker)
- Prior experience in web-analytics tool such as Google Analytics, Omniture.
- Strong experience with mobile/native analytics (across iOS/Android). Mixpanel experience a plus.
- Experience with native A/B testing analysis.
- Comfort with analyzing ranking & recommendation products.
- Background in analyzing feed-like products (FB newsfeed, LinkedIn Content feed, etc.) a plus.
- Exceptional SQL skills. Your queries don’t just “work,” they are optimized for readability and efficiency.
- Strong skills in data extraction, munging, analysis, statistics, and visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, and R).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to collaborate with data and software engineers as well as non-technical business owners.
- Ability to work well in a lean team environment, often under pressure.
- Flexibility with working on changing work schedules with the ability to work independently and solve problems on your own.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude.
- Be extremely curious.
- Love what you do!
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top