About the Role
Engineers that join the WeWork Sales team can be assigned several exciting projects that are developing solutions around digital marketing, sales, customer service, and integration projects. You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class member experiences across multiple channels, specifically Salesforce.com, and may include native iOS, Android, web, social integration, and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying
Innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Owning technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
- Performing hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Performing hands-on software development and testing, typically spending about 75% of time writing code, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints, or doing proof of concepts/automation tools
- Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components; Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performs or directs ongoing refactoring of configurations and code, and drives continuous improvement in code structure and quality
- Uses visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts
- Works closely with other engineers, architects, and project management throughout the course of the development lifecycle to ensure business objectives are met
- Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the day to day management of offshore development team (10 to 15 developers)
- 8-10 years of software development experience, and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of experience architecting designing, programming, and configuring the Salesforce.com platform and deep functional understanding of its capabilities and limitations
- Minimum 6-7+ years with advanced Salesforce.com development tools and techniques, e.g. APEX language, Force.com custom development, triggers, controllers, Force.com SOAP and REST APIs, JSON, sObjects, SOQL, SOSL, Chatter APIs, outbound messaging and creating Visual Force pages
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience integrating Salesforce.com with enterprise-level applications though all available integration channels as well as Salesforce-to-Salesforce integrations
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with Salesforce.com AppExchange applications and extensions
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience with other IT disciplines, such as .Net, Java, SOA connectivity, web services, or database, with demonstrated experience in object-oriented programming
- Deep understanding of security-related dimensions of Salesforce.com cloud computing, including SSO/SAML integration with other commercial and in-house applications
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing specifically in Jira
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers on solution design
- Demonstrated willingness to seek out across the industry to understand new and related Salesforce.com technologies, including AppExchange and partner products, and takes pride in how fast they deploy working software and innovative capabilities
- com certifications required
- Experience with Salesforce.com Mobile applications, e.g. Salesforce Touch or Salesforce 1, a plus
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud products a plus, e.g. Exact Target
- Experience developing AppExchange commercial applications a plus
- Industry prominence and recognition a plus
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Familiarity with latest technologies like REST, HTML5, AngularJS, CSS 3, Responsive CSS designs is a must
Also required is a strong will to win and drive results, with a proven ability to overcome internal and external barriers to achieve results. High levels of energy, engagement, and ownership. Ability to travel for short periods, if necessary. Positive attitude is an absolute must.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top