About the Role
The Director of Sales will be responsible for leading a successful sales team for the region, managing a team of sales leads, leveraging centralized lead-gen resources (both inbound New Member Development and outbound Sales Development), and working hand-in-hand with the Enterprise Sales team for larger and/or global accounts emerging out of the region. This leader will also oversee events & partnerships in the region, and key localized sales marketing activities targeted at increasing the company’s brand presence in newer cities and driving sales. The Director of Sales is based in New York, and reports to the Head of Revenue, North America.
- Manage revenue, sales targets, and other KPIs for the region, work closely with GM and Head of Revenue
- Successfully hire, train and manage the growing sales team in the region
- Define key sales & marketing strategies for the region, budgets required to deliver, and drive successful execution to achieve results
- Lead and manage the city Sales Leads and effectively leverage centralized inbound and outbound team
- Own the inbound and outbound sales process in the region: Lead qualification, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification
- Personally take the lead on larger sales opportunities in the region, successfully collaborating with corporate enterprise sales team
- Provide innovative, scalable solutions including data management and sales processes to achieve team goals (e.g. Salesforce)
- Actively lead the optimization of the building-level sales process through information sharing, training, goal setting, management of the sales pipeline and key KPIs, in partnership with our local Community Managers
- Work cross-functionally with other departments (physical product/construction, and especially legal) to customize offerings and contractual agreements to larger members
- Maintain regular communication cadence with the global/regional sales organization to communicate best practices and share learning
- Work towards 100% building occupancy through achieving booked tour goals and support of in-building sales
- Work closely with the sales and revenue operations to constantly analyze results and identify opportunities to improve systems, processes and programs
- Measurably increase the company’s brand presence in new cities, and ensure that all sales & marketing activities are “on-brand"
- College degree; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in sales, sales management, and/or marketing, ideally in “B to B” companies
- Experience working in high-growth and/or early stage company environments
- Expert presentation, analytical, meeting management, process definition, and communication skills
- Experience managing teams and producing exceptional results
- A willingness to travel and spend sufficient time on the road to understand the business and regularly interact with teammates in the region and at corporate in NYC
- Comfortable using marketing automation platforms and CRM – Salesforce experience highly desirable
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and process driven
- Highly adaptable and excited to operate in a fast-paced environment where the rules are often being defined just in time
- Highly collaborative and great with people; will be a good listener and create relationships quickly with colleagues and partners in the business
- A sense of humor even when things get tough; at WeWork we are “all in it together”; a willingness to go above and beyond to support the team and get things done, even if it sometimes means helping others with their work
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top