Regional Security Manager, South
Regional Security Manager South
The RSM is the senior safety and security leader and the senior representative of the Global Security Team (GST) in the region and is charged with the security and risk management of multiple markets and WeWork locations. The RSM is an integral part of the regional and global security enterprise with vast responsibilities across the entire spectrum of safety and security management. This position is Shanghai-based - relocation costs will NOT be provided. This position reports both to the Regional Facilities Director (RFD) and Head of Global Security (HGS).
The RSM is responsible for security management, crisis management, physical, technological and operational security design and implementation. The RSM is a key manager of regional fire/life safety compliance. The RSM interacts with senior WeWork executives as well as community teams in numerous WeWork spaces across the region and works very closely with the Regional Director of Facilities (RDF). The RSM also supports executive protection (EP) and travel security to his/her region and facilitates meetings with local and federal law enforcement. The RSM will maintain a regular travel schedule within the region to weave together regional and local security management within the safety and security culture. The RSM will enable the GST to carry out its core mission statement which is to secure and safeguard the WeWork community's passion to succeed while doing what they love.
- Advises the General Manager (GM) and City Lead (CL) on all safety and security needs.
- Supports new openings by providing risk assessments, drawings reviews and physical security expertise.
- Coordinates with vendors to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Conducts routine risk/threat assessments and provides the same to the GST.
- Uses the WeWork Core Crisis Management Plan (CCMP) to develop the Regional Crisis Management Plan (RCMP).
- Facilitating the completion of new building-opening checklists and follow on maintenance schedules.
- Daily administration and maintenance of current service agreements.
- Manage all service requests for repairs, maintenance and projects including:
- Maintain service records
- Manage vendors and schedule service dates
- Manage expectations and ensure timely completion of projects
- Manage the regional security ZenDesk (helpdesk) ticketing system.
- Enforce budgetary compliance as it relates to service at each location
- Troubleshoot security problems and assess the need for external service.
- Assign access cards to new employees, cleaners and contractors.
- Schedule dates for service, work reviews and building reviews.
- Assist in the execution of security upgrade projects.
- Provide GST with weekly reports from the access control system
- Develops, rehearses and modifies security, crisis and emergency plans across the region.
- Provides regional safety and security training based on GST requirements and RSM initiative.
- Experience with access control software
- Understanding of low voltage technology (CCTV, Alarms, access control).
- Understanding of basic networking concepts (IP addresses, MAC addresses).
- Experience managing and/or monitoring a CCTV systems.
- Experience operating in enterprise systems with global reach
- Experience managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders
- Experience with helpdesk applications.
- Experience with service management software.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications - have the ability to learn and use new platforms.
- Experience with S2 Access Control System
- Experience using Zendesk ticket management system
- Experience with Google apps and programs.
- Life safety training
The successful applicant will:
- Be a self-starter - WeWork’s GST is a dynamic team securing a creative and dynamic culture.
- Be a valued GST member and team player.
- Be innovative and creative by nature.
- Be a confident public speaker able to influence senior executives and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail.
- Be able to multitask across multiple platforms, departments, time zones, and cultures when necessary.
- Be able to liaise with external safety and security organizations in a professional manner.
- Maintain the highest professional standards within the WeWork message and concept.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top