Regional Director of Technology, Europe & Israel
What we do:
Our mission is to empower people everywhere to do what they love.
Who you are:
Inspired: You do what you love
Entrepreneurial: You’re a creator, a leader, and a self-starter
Authentic: You’re not perfect, and neither are we
Tenacious: You never settle. You get things done, and get them done well
Grateful: You don’t take success for granted
Together: You work with your team and other departments to
Department: Member Technology
Department Goals & Objectives
- Responsible for successful Technology Service delivery and support to WeWork internal members & location based team members
- Services includes but not limited to Infrastructure planning and deployment, Project Management, Audio Visual Services, Networking Services, Enterprise Sales Support, Member Support Services
- Manages the administrative, logistical and technology support for the buildings’ day-to-day technology functions including wired and wireless internet, printing, phones, audio-visual
- Ultimate accountability for bottom line while maximizing return on investment
- Meet or exceed our Member’s requirements for technology service delivery
- Leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline technology processes
- Ensure the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources for all WeWork locations
POSITION: Regional Director of Technology, Europe and Israel
Reporting to: Head of Member Technology & Regional Head of Operations
Position Goals & Objectives
This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurially minded person who enjoys making a difference in a start-up company. The Regional Director of Technology is responsible for all aspects of the technology process with accountability for service delivery, strategy, planning, hardware/software and communications support for the region. The right candidate possesses the ability to plan and execute technology service delivery covering all aspects of the technology model for the region. Includes heavy emphasis on technology services supporting the infrastructure domain such as network and systems engineering, service desk and audio visual but the ideal candidate will also have experience with enterprise applications as well.
The ideal candidate will have had proven leadership success and be team oriented, and deliver in a highly collaborative work environment. Strong communication, creative problem solving, ability to negotiate and adaptability are all skills that are critical to this role. A strong desire and ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization and with diverse clients is a must.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Build and implement standard design for core infrastructure and audiovisual technologies. Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators such as response & resolution times, system availability and customer satisfaction.
- Develop the organization, department and team, both at an organizational and personal level.
- Implement and follow up on technology process policies, define and implement guidelines within the assigned working area.
- Develop the regional roadmap based on the regional business and technical requirements. Provide input concerning operational maintenance, support and other initiatives for the operational budget, the regional investment plan for the technology roadmap.
- Organize daily operational activities within the assigned department.
- Lead a team of technicians including Member Support, A/V Specialists and Network Engineers
- Realize projects efficiently within given timeline targets while making optimal use of team resources and vendors.
- Report against the given Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide input to the strategic technology vision for the development of departmental goals in support of overall business strategy.
- Bring expertise to develop the company’s information technology capabilities to drive business performance.
- Identify fresh and relevant technologies and in collaboration with the Global IT Teams, create new and exciting products, drive innovation and deliver experience to add value to the user experience.
- Provide day-to-day management of technology
- Work with peers and management on network and systems architecture.
- Manage all existing and new network and server installations for new and expanding locations.
- Monitor the network & system.
- Responsibility may include integration of 3rd party software to corporate processes and systems.
- Have an existing network of relationships with technology experts and consultancy in the region to boost team capabilities and know-how.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of detailed department playbooks that reflects policies and procedures, work processes and standards of performance. This includes customer service and support processes to support timely resolution of customer issues
- Ensure the company's internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Assists with the preparation and regular update of the budget ensuring targets are met and costs are effectively controlled.
- Maximize the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Strategically lead multiple sub-departments including Member Support, Engineering, Audio Visual and Project Management
- Implement and measure clear KPIs for each sub-department.
- Sets metrics and targets, measure and hold teams accountable to meet or exceed metrics. Assesses current and projected skill gaps; builds short and long-term organization development plans to meet current and planned business goals.
- Assesses present and planned capacity of the technology organization in terms of staffing, budgeting, facilities, equipment and technology ensuring ongoing resource utilization optimization.
- Works closely with other senior leaders to ensure the support of long-range strategic plans for achieving growth and financial profitability.
- Ability to manage competing demands on time using available resources and remain focused on key objectives/goals.
- Proven ability to manage, execute and deliver complex and concurrent projects of significant scope.
- Demonstrated track record of people and relationship building skills.
- Influence: Recognized for using interpersonal skills/style to gain acceptance of ideas and plans, particularly as it relates to implementation of company-wide processes and guidelines supporting efficiency-focused objectives.
- Innovative: Analyze a situation’s objectives and consider new ways to achieve results.
- Highly developed negotiation skills with the ability to cultivate consensus and cooperation of others.
- Creative problem solver.
- Exemplary communications skills including preparation and delivery of presentations to all levels of internal and external audiences.
- Results oriented.
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an environment of accountability and culture of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of, previous experience and success in implementing and integrating new processes/technologies that provide innovative, value-added solutions/services
- Understand culture and ensure culture builds upon company culture and department identity. Cultivate the appropriate actions and behaviors in staff
- Drive best practices to ensure quality and consistency in process and procedures
- Provide status updates to and escalate issues as necessary to Chief Information Officer
- Effectively engage and present to all levels within the organization, from individual contributors to executives
Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years of leadership experience managing a Technology function at an enterprise level
- Direct experience managing technology services including Service Desk, Audio Visual, Engineering and Project Management
- Proactive strategic thinker, with ability to move rapidly between big picture and tactical detail level
- This individual should serve their business partner’s needs and solve problems in a proactive manner designed to give a strategic advantage to the company while focusing on the timely completion of projects.
- A self-starter who is able to quickly take control of this organization, win the approval of peers and clients, and be viewed as a service provider to clients.
- The ability to comfortably and effectively interface with multiple leadership levels, including first-line technical and business managers up to and including executive levels.
- Ability to convey technical information in an understandable manner to non-technical people
- Excellent leadership skills. Proven organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and team building skills
- Proven ability to manage complex projects with cross functional teams
- Ability to work with and manage team members in different locations
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Extremely strong interpersonal, negotiating and conflict management skills
- An extremely bright, creative leader with a solid understanding of the total business process and the need for teamwork between technical functions of the company and internal business functions.
- An accomplished technical and business thought leader who appreciates an environment that fosters a collegial and team-oriented mentality, where individuals are expected to work together to fulfill common goals and objectives.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
What you’ll do
- Be Inspired:
- Join a fast-growing movement. Empower people to do what they love everyday.
- Connect members to build their businesses and make meaningful connections.
- Be Authentic:
- You’re not perfect and neither are we, but you’re authentic in all you do. You own your mistakes, learn and move forward at a fast-pace.
- Be Grateful:
- Do not take success for granted. You celebrate not only your own accomplishments but also those around you.
- Be Tenacious:
- Never settle. You get things done and get them done well.
- You always face anything with 100%.
- Be Together:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with your team.
- You’re a creator, a leader, and a self-starter. WeWork’s incredibly fast growth means hard work and plenty of room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company.
- Be a part of a start-up company that is growing quickly and expanding to new markets around the world.
- Incredible employee team-building events like the WeWork Ski Trip, WeWork Summer Camp, and WeWork Halloween.
- Full suite of employee benefits package that includes Health/Vision/Dental
- Discounts on Zipcar, hotels, gym memberships and more
Back to top