Regional Director of Facilities, South
JOB DESCRIPTION – REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES
Position: Regional Director of Facilities
Reporting to: VP of Operations
Position Goals & Objectives
- Assist in building the regional facilities team as needed
- Directly manage regional facilities team
- Schedule facilities staff to achieve the most optimal labor time/cost ratio
- Be the first point of escalation for large facility maintenance emergencies
- Oversee preventative maintenance regionally
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with service contractors to schedule weekly and monthly maintenance visits
- Prioritize daily facility issues and effectively delegate responsibilities
- Daily management of staff to optimally use labor and materials
- Daily oversight of facilities budgets and spending
- Oversee maintenance-related procurement requests
- Manage higher level building maintenance issues and submit report to Regional Asset Manager
- Project-manage regional large-scale maintenance projects
- Manage regional FF&E inventory
- Directly oversee regional facilities personnel in triple net lease buildings
- Execute and manage regional strategy for negotiating and maintaining facilities service contracts including but not limited to:
- Elevator; HVAC
- Boilers; Pest Control
- Waste Removal; Plumbing
- Electrical; Fire Guards
- Fire Safety Plans
- Implement and oversee regional Violations Management Protocol so all buildings are compliant with municipal, state and country regulations
- Act as the liaison between the Community Management team and the building’s Property Management team for any escalated issues
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree: Facilities Management or Construction Management degree preferred
- 5 plus years experience in overseeing the Maintenance function for a minimum of 10 locations
- Experience managing a team of greater than 10 employees
- Strong demonstrated contract negotiation skills
- Expert presentation, meeting management, and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC and mechanical systems
- Technical knowledge of all building management services
- Ability to work with a large, diverse group of employees and suppliers
- Significant budget experience a must
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top