Real Estate Counsel
About the Role:
WeWork is seeking a Real Estate Counsel to work with the real estate legal team to provide legal counsel on leasing and real estate transactional matters.
- Negotiate, draft and structure lease and occupancy agreements for WeWork projects across a large domestic and international portfolio
- Provide day-to-day counseling to internal business teams on complex real estate, development, risk management and dispute resolution issues
- Manage outside counsel in the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements and other development documents
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements and implement them
- Resolve disputes that arise during the development of a project
- Leasing and other broad transactional experience preferred
- An attorney with a JD, admission to NY State Bar
- 2+ years of firm or in-house experience (A combination of both is preferred)
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams and outside counsel
- A multi-tasker with excellent analytical, drating and legal skills
- Ability to understand business needs, demonstrate sound judgment and partner with the business teams to formulate solutions
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top