Quality Assurance Engineer
WeWork is hiring an QA Engineer to join our Physical Systems team to work on delivering a series of projects and products within WeWork’s Physical Systems group. For those who are passionate about quality and automation this is an exciting opportunity to develop automated tests for application features, functionality , and performance.
- Contribute to the ongoing effort to deliver defect-free releases.
- Maintain and preserve product integrity by implementing best practices for test automation and quality assurance.
- Collaborate and contribute to a product backlog ensuring quality acceptance is integrated into user stories.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to identify performance opportunities.
- Possess a strong eye for UI and UX design.
- Write, execute, and automate test cases for web apps.
- Identify and prioritize any gaps in existing testing and recommend the most efficient method to increase coverage.
- 2+ years experience in software development or QA testing.
- Experience working with bug database management systems.
- Proficient in Agile/SCRUM and lean development methodologies.
- Natural ability to cultivate a culture of continued learning and quality assurance.
- Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in working for a highly disruptive company with a vibrant culture and an amazing open workspace.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top