Public Affairs Lead, South
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a communications and policy lead for the South region.
The ideal person in this role, will manage WeWork’s communications and policy efforts day-to-day across one of our largest regions, the South. The primary objective of the role is to develop and implement a wide range of brand awareness, communications plans and initiatives across the region. This person will work in a fast-moving cross-functional organization with key internal and external stakeholders.
Strong candidates will have a sophisticated understanding of media relations, issue management, as well as experience conceptualizing, executing and promoting brand awareness opportunities that include leveraging press, social media and local partners.
This full-time position can be based in Dallas or Austin and will report to the Head of Policy and Communications for the Americas based in New York City. The person in the role will also work closely with the General Manager for the South. The position will offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to be a true partner in continuing to build an important region for the company.
- Manage the day to day media relationships across the region
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers, officials and partners in the region
- Create launch playbooks for new markets and buildings across the region
- Conceptualize, execute and promote scalable brand awareness programs across the region
- Liaise frequently with WeWork’s communications, brand, policy and social teams to help shape our national strategy and implement it locally
- Manage potential press and policy issues in the region in a thoughtful and effective way
- Develop plans that identify key speaking engagement opportunities for executives in the region, and manage those events
- Work with the events team to vet opportunities for media interest and secure media to cover WeWork events
Successful candidates will
- Fluent in English
- 8-10 years of communications experience
- Be a strong self-starter who is eager to make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization
- Experience working across various regions and/or territories
- Ability to develop strategic plans and advise senior leaders while also delivering at the tactical/operational level – this person should be able to conceptualize a media strategy, as well as work directly with reporters to implement it
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and presentation skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions
- Experience with a wide range of communication channels including digital, broadcast, and print
- Must be capable of managing multiple issues and projects at once. Prioritization is key to success.
- Ability to travel to both existing and new locations in the region
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than 80,000 members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top