About the Role
WeWork’s Physical department is looking for a Project Manager (PM) who is jack of all trades to manage internal and external teams to oversee the successful design and build-outs of new communities throughout the region. This individual shall work within the Physical group managing a team of architects, designers, logistics leads, and construction leads, to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and on budget. The PM shall be responsible for the project from the moment the space has been identified through the opening and handoff to facilities. The PM shall be able to keep the team focuses on the task at hand. The Project Manager will multiple projects at a time in various different stages and shall be able to work in a fast pace environment.
This individual shall have experience at various stages of development including but not limited to due diligence, bidding, contract management, people management, etc.
- Overall quality, budget and schedule for project
- Full process oversight of project team
- Manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize workload within the group to ensure that project timelines are met.
- Insure project team is adequately resourced to achieve project goals
- Inspire project team to achieve goals through effective leadership
- Lead all project Gate reviews and signoffs from High Interest through Handoff
- Serve as primary point of contact for all extended and external project team members
- Substantial involvement during PLAy to identify potential impacts to project budget, schedule, and quality
- Substantial involvement during Due Diligence and Layout to understand lease terms, develop estimates and initial budget, and secure necessary approvals
- Substantial involvement during Documentation and Pre-construction/Bidding to secure access agreements, finalize budget, award contracts, and release construction
- Substantial involvement during Construction, Staging and Closeout to insure construction completion and finalize invoicing
- Generate and continuously maintain reporting data for respective projects, reporting to upper management as necessary.
- Work across the department to roll out new initiatives and meeting targets.
- Must be willing and able to travel to oversee the projects at the various stages.
- 5-8+ years of experience of all phases of the design process from schematic design through the bid process and construction management
- Be familiar with construction industry best practices, building & ADA codes
- Know AutoCAD/drafting and be able to draw construction details
- Be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Experience in retail and commercial construction/development is preferable with contract values $2M+
- Travel 50% of the time
Who You Are:
- Passionate about development and wanting to help grow the community.
- You love development (real estate, design, numbers, schedules, everything).
- Love to think outside the box and explore new ways to execute projects
- Passionate about collaborating and putting out the absolute best work
- Great at managing productivity
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top