About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Project Engineer who will work directly with the internal real estate team, architects, outside consultants (MEP, Architectural, etc.), building personnel, construction managers, and designers. This is a very hands-on evaluation role that is primarily tasked with assessing properties for potential success as a location for our product and. The role will involve identifying deficiencies and advantages in base building services and existing conditions and aid in associating costs with bringing systems and conditions up to WeWork standard and/or local code requirement.
The additional primary goal is to ensure that all project stakeholders are provided with the information they need to have in order to efficiently achieve project objectives. This involves working very closely with consultants to manage project design development and expectations while simultaneously insuring that product.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has excellent technical and communication skills, has worked with many unique buildings, and can identify issues that the built environment will present when performing a tenant improvement project. Please be willing to travel across your target region as needed.
As a successful Project Engineer, your role will be key to supporting the growth of the company.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Report directly to the Director of Engineering and regional development head jointly
- Effectively advise on potential WeWork projects during initial due diligence phases
- Advise real estate and construction professionals regarding potential project concerns
- Incorporate understanding of national building codes into project information
- Coordinate and collaborate with team across disciplines to ensure delivery of projects
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure that leased spaces are delivered in agreement with expected conditions per agreement with landlords
- Interface directly with architectural and engineering consultants to identify key project concerns and cost centers, while providing quality control overview of engineering designs.
- Manage and solve technical issues that come up across construction trades, while effectively tracking issues as they are captured among internal teams and consultants.
- Develop and lead engineering discipline initiatives, including but internal design, modeling, and overall product development and improvement
- Identify holistic development issues and opportunities for improvement from an engineering perspective
- Independently research potential paths to improving product via such means as efficiency studies, technological improvements, etc.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering discipline; Mechanical engineering preferred
- Experience in having direct responsibility for producing and/or managing construction design project trade documentation/plans
- Broad knowledge of mechanical / electrical / life safety engineering infrastructure and coordination strategy with focus on mechanical design
- Have substantial experience with commercial construction projects
- Willingness to fully analyze and interpret commercial leases with specific regard to building services and cost ramifications
- Ability to understand building engineering/architectural plans to assess how existing conditions affect layout and cost exposure
- Understanding of construction contracts and architectural agreements, specifications etc.
- Revit / Modeling experience preferred
- Analytical / research experience a major plus
- Spanish fluency required; Portuguese language skills also helpful
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top