Project Architect, WeLive
WeLive is a new way of living built upon community, flexibility, and a fundamental belief that we are only as good as the people we surround ourselves with. From mailrooms and laundry rooms that double as bars and event spaces to communal kitchens, roof decks, and hot tubs, WeLive challenges traditional apartment living through physical spaces that foster meaningful relationships. Life is better when we are part of something greater than ourselves.
About the Role
We are currently in search of an Project Architect who is proficient and highly experienced with all phases of the design and construction process from schematic design through the bid process and construction administration. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility, design freedom, and the hunger to create amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of residential space.
As a Project Architect you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with hired consultants (MEP, Structural, local Architect of Record, GC’s and expeditor(s)).
- Ensure efficient and quality design projects, by collaborating with all teams on the execution of WeLive standards, goals and brand ideals.
- Communicate regularly to upper management and the project team with updates, for example, of the status of each project, potential issues on site, changes in schedule or budget, etc.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members.
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from deal release to opening.
- Responsible for determining and organizing functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, and code analysis with minimal direction.
- Produce construction documentation utilizing Revit on projects with minimal supervision.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in Schematic Design, Design Development, permitting and construction documentation
- Ability to confidently review and markup these documents. Knowledge of all disciplines, preferred.
- Knowledge & comfort working with ADA, zoning, and building code.
- Understanding of Project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
- Excellent design and communication skills
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations and companies
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude, but open to feedback.
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- 4+ years practical experience in high end hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Architectural Design.
- BArch / MArch Degree required.
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.
- Proficient in the following programs: Revit, all things Google, CAD, SketchUp, MS Office
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top