Procurement Manager, Asia and Australia
About the Role:
WeWork’s Operations Procurement Manager is responsible for designing and implementing procurement policies and processes, as well as purchasing vital goods and services at optimal pricing. We are looking for a Manager level professional that will be responsible for managing multiple categories of spend, conducting supplier management activities, and tactical execution of the end-to-end procurement process. Role will function as the internal POC for the region across the global operations group at WeWork.
The key objective of this position is to understand cost drivers of spend, ensure strict adherence to the procure to pay process, leverage buying power while ensuring required service quality and supplier performance are maintained with a high degree of customer (business unit) satisfaction.
- Execute procurement strategies
- Manage the RFI/ RFQ/ RFP processes across Asia and Australia
- Set up and manage supplier selection process and criteria
- Craft specific negotiation strategies, serve as lead negotiator with current and potential suppliers, and close deals with optimal terms
- Coordinate with legal team to set up standard templates for purchase orders / contract agreements
- Design and ensure compliance with purchasing policies across the company
- Set up and manage relationships with local customs clearance agencies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and bench-marking
- Be constantly on the lookout for cost efficiency in day-to-day operations through smarter procurement
- Degree-level educated
- Professional background in purchasing and procurement preferred
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and manage teams
- Excellent leadership, presentation, and influencing skills at both executive and peer level
- Desire to succeed in a data-driven, fast-changing, and entrepreneurial environment
- Fluent written and spoken English and Mandarin
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top