People Partner, Director (based in Seoul, Korea)
About the Role
WeWork's mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Here is a place where you join as an individual, 'me' but where you become part of a greater 'we'. The successful candidate will effectively engage and influence leaders, managers, and employees to deliver world-class People initiatives and consultation in Korea. You'll be an advocate of WeWork's values, partnering with our business leaders to help them build their organizations and engage talent. You will be joining an amazing and diverse People Team and will be based in Seoul, Korea. Come and create your life's work with WeWork!
- Understand the business priorities while collaborating with the People COEs (Center of Excellence) to build organizational effectiveness and advance business results.
- Set the strategy and priorities for the Korea People Team and deliver results as both individual and team.
- Cultivate a great organizational culture that infuses the best of local Korean market and WeWork globally.
- Lead the process of making sure that WeWork Korea is in compliance with all local employment laws and regulations.
- Identify opportunities to improve People policies and propose/implement solutions.
- Ensure the organization is structured optimally to scale WeWork's business growth.
- Lead organizational development and talent management initiatives.
- Be a trusted advisor to leaders and coach managers to enhance leadership effectiveness and helping performance management challenges.
- Work in Partnership with Regional Benefits Head to design and deliver a best in class rewards programme
- Navigating and resolving employee relations issues, in close partnership with key stakeholders.
- Manage key people cycles around performance assessment, promotions, salary cycle, talent review, and etc.
- Be part of the Korea leadership team and effectively partner with and influence the GM (General Manager) and the Korea leaders.
- Build effective relationships and collaborate effectively with business, regional, and global stakeholders.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related field / Master's degree is preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Human Resources including a solid background as a People Partner or HR Business Partner.
- People management experience. Inspires commitment to and enthusiasm for a shared vision and strategic direction.
- Full of proactive initiatives and resourcefulness. Resilient and adapts quickly as things change.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and ability to work well under pressure to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels. Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey recommendations. Develops collaborative, inclusive relationships.
- Strategic/critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Action-oriented and efficient. Gets things done without waiting for direction.
- Sees challenges as opportunities to learn and grow. Thrives to become better as a student for life.
- Detail-oriented and sensitivity to confidentiality.
- Holds a strong sense of professional judgment and is able to balance various stakeholder interests.
- Holds the depth of knowledge and experience in Korean labor laws and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and fluent in both Korean and English.
- Demonstrated experience in a matrix and diverse working environment.
Back to top