About the Role
Purpose of the job is to give legal support to General Counsel, supporting a developing Legal team as a key business partner to the Company and ensure an efficient coordination with external law firms and internal parties in order to deliver high quality service in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide practical, timely and high-quality advices on letter of intents, lease agreements and other related agreements for WeWork’s coworking spaces in the Asia Pacific region.
- Assist General Counsel to review agreements in relation to distribution, construction, fitting-out and other relevant documents and correspondences.
- Prepare lease summary for documents execution.
- Maintain Real Estate Database.
- Assist General Counsel in executing brand protection program in key Southeast Asian countries (Mainland China, South Korea, and Hong Kong) through partnership with internal and external parties including governmental authorities, investigators, and unaffiliated brand owners.
- Carry out review of online infringement of WeWork assets.
- Assist Counsels in reviewing different types of commercial agreements in the areas of Marketing, Public Relations and Communications, Banking and Finance documentations.
- LLB and above in Corporate or Commercial Law or equivalent with a minimum of 7 years corporate legal experience in international law firm or MNC.
- Sound knowledge in land/corporate, legal/regulatory matters.
- Strong at balancing risk and opportunity and thinking creatively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
- Good commercial sense in startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision
- Team player, self-motivating, collaborative, energetic and well organized
- Good command in MS Office and Chinese word processing
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top