New Member Development Manager
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a New Member Development Manager, a leadership position on our global sales team. This full time position is based in New York and will report directly to the Director of New Member Development. This individual will be responsible for leading a successful New Member Development team, comprised of inbound and outbound senior associates and associates. Our teams are the front lines of the sales process, which is why we need individuals who understand and are passionate about the WeWork mission.
As a successful New Member Development Manager, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Responsible for sales performance of 10-15 New Member Development team members
- Apply a data-driven approach to not only ask the right questions, but take on projects and implement change initiatives
- Provide world class coaching and development to your team members
- Manage and grow a functional team responsible for driving qualified leads down the sales process
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes
- Analytical ability to improve processes and execute initiatives
- Leader: you inspire and receive buy-in from both your team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Scale: evaluate, develop and establish scalable team processes to meet company demands and challenges
- Team Development: Lead, develop, and coach a team of New Member Development Associates and optimize team structure and processes in key areas such as; role definition, hiring, onboarding, ongoing skill testing, performance management, etc.
- Pipeline management: ensure proper pipeline development to meet short term and long-term revenue goals from lead generation
- Sales Operations: work closely with our Sales Operations Lead to ensure operational efficiency of the team
- Vision: you are someone who is able to look ahead, forecast, and an ability to consider future opportunities and potential problems
- Communicator: you’re just as effective at addressing issues as you are at celebrating wins
- Executor: you are known for proactively addressing problems and surfacing scalable solutions
- You are a creative thinker who looks outside of the box to find solutions to generate new business to meet growing sales targets
- You have experience in the following: prospecting, cold outreach, inbound sales, and taking a lead through the full sales cycle
- You are the ultimate team member: you will do anything needed to support your team, and understand that every role is equally as important to achieve our goals
- Create and maintain call scripts and ask appropriate questions to understand customer needs and requirements – document accordingly in CRM
- Accomplish targeted sales goals by sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow up and outbound cold calls and email
- Track sales team metrics and send weekly team reports to the Director of New Member Development
- Achieve functional KPI’s that impact occupancy goals through scheduled tours and desk sales
- Schedule and execute weekly 1 on 1’s with team members
- Ensure correct usage and adoption of CRM and other applications
- Present weekly to the global NMD team on past performance, what the team is working on, and weekly wins
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of sales experience, and 2 years of sales management experience
- Previous experience of leading or managing teams of 10+ mandatory
- Proven leadership experience
- Proven track record of building and growing sales teams that meet and exceed goals
- Proven track record of reaching and exceeding goals as an individual contributor a plus
- Experience and knowledge of inbound and outbound sales desirable
- Deep knowledge of automation platforms and CRM, specifically Salesforce
- Experience evaluating, implementing and utilizing lead generation and sales automation platforms
- Experience in fast growth environment
- Demonstrated strong experience in prospecting, developing and closing sales
- Strong analytical skills that include the ability to see granular as well as big-picture issues
- Experience in customer service and relationship building are highly desirable
- Experience working on a team and owning a team player mentality
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – WeWork is growing incredibly quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth
- Ability to demonstrate strong communications, project management, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top