New Member Development Associate
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a New Member Development Associate. This full time position is based in Hong Kong and will report directly to the Director of New Member Development. This individual will be responsible for working with a successful New Member Development team, while helping to execute and achieve team sales goals. Our team is the front lines of the sales process, which is why we need individuals who understand and are passionate about the WeWork experience.
As a successful New Member Development Associate, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Work with a team of New Member Development Associates
- Nurture, develop and close leads that ultimately result in booked tours
- Carry out processes implemented by the Director of New Member Development
- Provide regular updates to your team about objectives and processes
- Develop and close leads through sales processes.
- Work with the New Member Development team to achieve team goals.
- Work with automation platforms to efficiently input and track data.
- Own the sales process: inbound lead qualification, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification.
- You are a jack of all trades: you will do anything needed to support the New Member Development team in order to achieve team goals.
- Execute strategy and process implemented by Director of New Member Development.
- Work towards/maintain 100% building occupancy through achieving booked tour goals.
- Communicate the WeWork brand and lifestyle to ensure the highest conversion rate of booked tours.
- Provide unmatched customer service to potential prospects to ensure an excellent start to their member experience.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of sales experience in startups and/or entrepreneurial environments.
- Track record of sales in cold calling and emailing are highly desirable
- Comfortable using marketing automation platforms and CRM – Salesforce experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting, developing and closing sales
- Experience in customer service and relationship building are highly desirable
- Experience working on a team and owning a team player mentality
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – WeWork is growing incredibly quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and multi-tasking skills.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top