About the Role
The Network Engineer will be responsible for aiding the IT Infrastructure group with development and installation of technical solutions for any network need that may arise. The ideal candidate will be analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing the network infrastructure and application components. This position reports to the Principal IT Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operations of WeWork’s network and VOIP telephony systems. The following highlights the daily responsibilities and experience required to be considered for the position:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Monitors Help Desk Network Queue and resolves open tickets
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Maintain a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.
- Maintain Juniper MX/SRX routers, VPN, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Works closely with IT leaders and Network Engineers learning the IT Infrastructure
- Provides networking technical support for wework field operations.
- Sets up test environments to test new networking ideas or projects to improve our current Infrastructure
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required
- 5+ year experience with Juniper Routers and Switches
- 5+ years experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Knowledge of Cloud based VoIP environments and support
- Networking and troubleshooting skills on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Servers
- Experience with Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
- 5 years corporate experience in technical support
- Hands on Juniper/Cisco Networking and troubleshooting experience required
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed during site build outs or major outages
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco networking fundamentals including routing, TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top