Network Engineer, Asia & Australia
About the Role
The Network Engineer will be responsible for aiding the IT Infrastructure group with development and installation of technical solutions for any network need that may arise. The ideal candidate will be analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing the network infrastructure and application components. This position reports to the Principal IT Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operations of WeWork’s network and VOIP telephony systems. The following highlights the daily responsibilities and experience required to be considered for the position:
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Monitors Help Desk Network Queue and resolves open tickets
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Maintain a thorough understanding of DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc.
- Maintain Juniper MX/SRX routers, VPN, and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Works closely with IT leaders and Network Engineers learning the IT Infrastructure
- Provides networking technical support for wework field operations.
- Sets up test environments to test new networking ideas or projects to improve our current Infrastructure
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Abstract thinking and the ability to work independently when required
- 5+ year experience with Juniper Routers and Switches
- 5+ years experience with Cisco Routers and Switches
- Knowledge of Cloud based VoIP environments and support
- Networking and troubleshooting skills on both Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Servers
- Experience with Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience is required
- 5 years corporate experience in technical support
- Hands on Juniper/Cisco Networking and troubleshooting experience required
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed during site build outs or major outages
- Knowledge of Juniper and Cisco networking fundamentals including routing, TCP/IP, DNS & DHCP
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top