Member Technology Specialist
Department Goals & Objectives
- Plans and delivers outstanding Support and Services for our Members and Location based Member Teams
- To exceed Member expectations in the delivery of the core technology components of our Memberships (Internet Access, Printing services, Meeting Room Support)
- Leverages existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance the Member Experience and improve / streamline technology services processes
- Generate additional revenues for WeWork through the sale, installation and support of IT services
Position Goals & Objectives
- To represent the Member Technology Team at all WeWork locations
- To utilize metrics needed to monitor the availability and reliability of the WeWork Member technology infrastructure and partner with the other Member Technology Teams to solve issues
- To have a proactive working style ensuring Members issues are, where possible, anticipated and resolved before they happen
- Leverage the service desk system to provide efficient response to Member issues and to identify / escalate chronic or recurring issues to the Member Technology Team for investigation and resolution
- Build strong relationships with our Members and Community Teams to ensure that they have confidence and trust around the service you provide
- The Member Technology Specialist serves as the primary interface for the Member Technology Team providing a positive experience for WeWork Members
- Support the Community and WeWork Members by providing prompt response to Member problems and requests while managing and maintaining the closing of tickets within ZenDesk ticketing system
- Educate and assess capabilities related to IT troubleshooting practices for the location based Community Teams to ensure their confidence to provide level 1 technical support to the Members
- Support the Member Technology Networking Services Team with the troubleshooting and resolution of LAN & Wireless Network issues
- Support the Member Technology Networking Audio Visual Services Team with the Installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of location based Audio Visual equipment
- Support the Member Technology Business Development Team with the opening of new locations and the provisioning of services to our Enterprise Members
- Installation and configuration of network printing resources including printer servers, printers and other peripheral devices
- Promote and install additional Member IT Services that generate revenue for WeWork
- Provide a memorable member experience for technology services and support that surpasses any and all expectations
- 2+ years of technical experience preferred (support, field work, help desk, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills including customer empathy, good customer diplomacy skills, and problem ownership
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical users
- Good knowledge of the operation of Microsoft and Apple based business applications and operating systems
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles and architecture
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with Members and internal Team Members
- Ability to use support tools to speed up problem solving and improve own productivity
- Properly identifies when higher level support is needed
Effectively executes troubleshooting instructions from higher level support
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top