Member Technology Specialist
About the Role
We're hiring for a Technology Services, Member Technology Specialist to work in our WeWork buildings. This position will report to the Director of Technology for ServiceDesk.
Department: Technology Services
Department Goals & Objectives
- Plans and delivers integrated information services to WeWork members and employees
- Match or exceed WeWork member’s requirements for technology service delivery
- Leverages existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline technology services for WeWork members
- Ensures the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources for all WeWork locations
Position Goals & Objectives
- To represent the ServiceDesk at all WeWork sites and locations
- To utilize metrics needed to monitor the availability and reliability of the WeWork member technology infrastructure
- To advance in the department and take on greater responsibilities as the WeWork Service Desk grows and expands into a global force
Job Description & Responsibilities
- The Member Technology Specialist (MTS) serves as the primary interface for the WeWork ServiceDesk in the Technology Services division providing stellar support and an unforgettable experience for WeWork members
- Support the Community and WeWork members by providing prompt response to member problems and requests while managing and maintaining tickets within ZenDesk ticketing system
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, and the ability to speak comfortably about technology to technical, non-technical and super technical members
- Communicate basic concepts to users of all computer literacy levels, in order to perform training, and support all WeWork members and employees globally
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of LANs and wireless networks along with other basic networking principles
- General familiarity with the operation of Microsoft and Apple based business applications and operating systems
- Installation and configuration of network printing resources including print servers, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Evaluates and troubleshoot personal computer hardware and software, peripheral devices, mobile devices and network connectivity problems remotely or on site.
- Lastly, provide a memorable member experience for technology services that surpasses all member expectations.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top