Member Success Manager
About the Role
The Member Success Manager (MSM) will work with new and existing Enterprise members to ensure they are extremely happy and successful at WeWork. They will on-board these members onto our platform, add-value in the early stages and future, and build the relationship to create the highest level of member satisfaction. You will communicate with your accounts to proactively drive engagement with our community and services, as well as act as the voice for our members internally at WeWork. As such, cross-departmental communication is key to deliver a perfect product when move-in day rolls around. A successful MSM will:
- Truly understand the value of fostering member relationships
- Engage with members post-sale, creatively add value throughout lifecycle, and ultimately increase retention while reducing churn
Duties & Responsibilities
Pre Move-In & On-Boarding
- Review and understand the Membership Agreement as it applies to each member that you represent
- Work closely with Construction, Logistics and Community Sales to ensure product is delivered per the deal requirements on move-in day
- Create unique strategy for move-in day, Community team on-site, and service offerings
- Function as the main point of contact for members you represent, and be available to members on call/email
- Drive post-sales activity for Enterprise members at WeWork by strong relationship building, product knowledge, and game-plan to upsell for member expansion
- Provide support to local Community Management teams by working with different departments to prioritize high level items and escalated issues
- Increase member retention by conducting regular check-in calls, and perform quarterly meetings for health checks
- Partner with Sales and Business Development to develop strategies for increasing the average Enterprise member lifecycle
- Work closely with Digital Product teams to identify opportunities for improvement and bugs
- Use Zendesk to monitor issues and identify churn risk; work proactively to limit that risk
- Use Salesforce to track data, issues, and develop strategies based on findings
- Work within Enterprise Member Success budget to support your members and local Community teams as needed
- Act as the voice for Enterprise members at WeWork, providing feedback to improve the experience
Experience & Requirements
- Strong generalist -- highly competent with the ability to wear many hats
- Skilled relationship manager
- Highly flexible and adaptable to continuous change and growth
- Excellent communicator, verbal and written
- Organized and detail-oriented
- 2 years minimum management experience
- Ability to solve problems with innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience required
- Project management and business operations experience required
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top