Member Experience Associate
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Member Experience Associate. This full time position is based in New York and will report directly to the Member Experience Manager. The ideal Member Experience Associate aspires to be a primary advocate for our members, deliver superior service, and help design the best service policies and infrastructure in the world.
As a successful Member Experience Associate, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- Full understanding of our products, services, and offerings to provide the highest quality support and answers to members
- Respond to inbound customer inquiries via phone, chat, email through a ticketing platform
- Assist in improvement of processes and training used by the Member Experience team
- Consistently communicate feedback to department leaders to improve support processes and product offerings
- Monitor support process performance for member support departments
- Provide high-quality customer service to members to ensure an excellent member experience
- Answer inbound customer service related calls via Zendesk Voice call platform
- Answer inbound customer service related tickets via Zendesk for members without a home location
- Troubleshoot member facing digital support inquiries and escalate to digital engineering teams where necessary
- Monitor member satisfaction, drive improvement, and communicate upwards
- Ownership over self-service customer-facing help center driving inbound inquiries per customer down by giving customers tools to help themselves
- Work with leadership team to develop initiatives that improve the member experience
- Work with community management teams to ensure customers building related needs are being met
- Seek areas for automation to ensure member experience team functions at maximum efficiency
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 1-2 years of customer service related work experience in a medium to high growth company and/or entrepreneurial environments
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience using cloud-based software platforms; technologically savvy
- Proficiency with ZenDesk ticketing system preferred
- Experience building processes and using tools to support a customer service team preferred
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top