Marketing Manager, South
About the Role
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. The success of WeWork is the result of a collaborative effort by talented team members who challenge convention at every opportunity and take pride in building for the future.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented Marketing Manager to manage day-to-day marketing efforts across our current South region. The successful candidate will be a creative thought partner to the regional management and play a central role in translating the WeWork brand at a local level to activate new and existing markets. The role will support the Marketing Strategy function in developing the marketing plan and translating this into local execution through a wide range of events, initiatives and guerilla marketing tactics. Reporting to the Head of Marketing - US & Canada, the Marketing Manager will enjoy working in a fast-paced, global organization with key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally.
- Develop localized marketing plans in collaboration with the Sales Director and the General Manager
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of marketing execution – from hands-on operational work to coordinating with agencies for execution, holding them accountable for contractual deliverables and KPIs
- Scale your impact across the region by equipping the local Community and Sales teams to activate their buildings and surrounding communities to drive lead generation and retention
- Leverage existing global partnerships and develop local partnership opportunities, in collaboration with the Brand team
- Successfully localize our brand while maintaining the core brand values and mission
- Approve all marketing content (brand, visual, messaging) as per brand guidelines prior to public distribution, seeking additional approval from the central Brand team when necessary
- Manage frequent stakeholder interactions with local Building Operations teams and Sales teams, as well as a wide range of other functions, including Performance Marketing, Public Affairs, Events, Brand and Social Media.
- Support central teams with intermediate copywriting and content posting to maintain respective channels if and when appropriate
- Actively work on improving information sharing, training, goal setting and key marketing KPIs
- Communicate regular updates to the local and central teams about marketing objectives and progress
- Participate in the annual budgeting process in collaboration with the broader Marketing function, the Sales Director and the General Manager
- Support the execution of any global campaigns, as delegated from the central Brand team
- Assist in content capture of events and experiences for the Digital and Brand teams
- Act as a brand ambassador at events and with partners
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 5-7 years of marketing experience in a medium to high growth company
- Events experience preferred
- Continuously seeking out opportunities to learn and improve
- Highly creative and able to formulate a unique vision for our communities and members
- Flexible and can adapt accordingly to newly formed organizations
- Keen attention to detail along with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Results driven with an ability to execute independently
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional organization skills and multi-tasking skills
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – WeWork is growing incredibly quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth.
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to deliver results under the highest of expectations, on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arises.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top