Manufacturing Engineering Manager
WeWork is seeking an experienced Engineer from the architectural glass industry that can manage a technical team in the design and engineering of interior facade systems. This individual is responsible for the management of technical project leaders and for the on-time delivery of all engineering information. The Engineering Manager will also be responsible for managing those in charge of the conceptual design of systems and the standardization of components. This person will also manage the independent testing, certifications, calculations, and engineering stamps for the facade systems.
The Engineering Manager and team members will be responsible for documenting, standardizing and establishing use cases for the deployment teams. This team will also be responsible for building code evaluation and reviewing systems for building code impacts, accessibility, and
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a high standard of quality and guide direct reports to do the same
- Manage, train, and motivate engineers in the design and production engineering departments
- Track project engineering milestones and deadlines
- Track and manage quality of engineering information and engage in root-cause analysis when problems arise
- Regularly report on the key production metrics of the department and acknowledge accomplishments, pursue corrective actions, and ask for help when needed.
- Establish continuous improvement efforts to ensure the engineered product is industry-leading
- Establish processes to evaluate adherence to building codes and public safety
- Coordinate efforts to keep all departments working together towards the same schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or related field
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New York, in good standing, with the ability to obtain licensure in other states
- 10 years of supervisory experience in a curtainwall engineering or architectural engineering environment.
- Strong knowledge of glass production processes and best-practices
- Proven history of developing an engineering department including training engineers, defining engineering processes, and defining system performance criteria
- 15 years experience in a management role in an engineering department
- Master's Degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand technical drawings and mechanical principles
- Excellent computer skills
- Must have experience using CAD systems including 2D and 3D systems
- Must be able to produce and review calculation packages for glazing systems
Back to top