Reporting to the Director of Internal Controls/SOX, this role will be integral in maintaining and supporting the integrity and efficiency of the Company's control involvement. For this role, we are looking for a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a meaningful and fast-paced environment. Interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and an objective approach to learning and problem-solving is a must.
Execute all phases of the Company's ongoing SOX compliance efforts from planning through reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in company-wide and business process-specific risk assessments to evaluate and address any impact the results may have on the control environment.
- Assist in the design and implementation of efficient and effective controls in all departments across within organization.
- Updating and continually validating that documentation of the control environment (e.g., process flows and control matrices) are kept current.
- Conducting periodic meetings/walkthroughs with process owners to ensure any changes to process are updated and accurately assessed for control gaps.
- Assist in the execution of the annual test plan for evaluating key controls for operating efficiency. Execution will include testing, reviewing work papers, and promptly facilitating the remediation of any exceptions with process owners in a timely manner.
- Staying current to changes in regulatory guidance, industry best practices, and areas of focus/hot topics for external audits.
- Actively building and managing relationships with Company stakeholders, while promoting the importance of compliance initiatives throughout the organization.
- Supporting process owners through training, reviewing, and providing guidance for their processes.
- Facilitate requests between the control owners and the external audit team
- Participate in other compliance initiatives and/or internal audit-related functions the Company may engage.
- Periodic international travel should be expected
- Manage a team of 2 to 3 professionals
Required qualifications and skills:
- 5-8 years of public and private accounting experience and CPA preferred
- M.S., Accounting or equivalent (MBA a plus)
- CPA or CA
- Knowledge and experience in applying audit principles/standards and SOX guidance (real estate or construction a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written), as candidate must be able to work and communicate with individuals at all levels across the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills, ability to complete process narratives and flowcharts
Highly desired qualifications:
- Public Accounting (Big 4 a plus)
- Internal audit experience
- Experience with GRC platforms (AuditBoard a plus)
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.