Mail & Package Associate
About the Role
WeWork is looking for a talented and passionate Mail & Package Associate. This is a full time position and will report directly to the Community Manager. Our team adds a personal touch to each of our buildings and we’re committed to empowering our members in every way. We keep our buildings full of amazing small businesses and entrepreneurs by making inspiring first impressions with everyone we meet. We’re the heart and soul of the WeWork experience.
Goals and Objectives
Support the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members and build relationships between members
- Drive growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive all mail, packages, deliveries, messenger deliveries on behalf of members and send notifications
- Use specified software and tools to sort, label, and deliver all mail and packages to member offices as needed
- Solve member package related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Occasionally assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience
- Maintain cleanliness, organization, and security of mailroom
- Follow company health and safety regulations
Experience and Requirements
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required
- Customer service experience required
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrates integrity, dependability, responsibility, and accountability
- Passion and understanding for WeWork mission and values
- Ability to frequently move or transport boxes lift up to 25lbs
- Both English and Mandarin are required
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arises.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than 50,000 members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top