The Prefab Group is a cross-disciplinary product design and manufacturing team. We are responsible for a portfolio of modular and prefabricated construction systems for the We Companies globally, including a 200,000sf glass and aluminum manufacturing facility in Edison, NJ.
WeWork is seeking an experienced professional with logistics expertise that can manage the transport, storage, and delivery of interior facade systems across the US. Working onsite at the Edison faciltiy, this individual is responsible for the management of logistic coordinators and for efficient coordination of Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Material Handlers and site personnel to deliver the product to a construction site. The Logistics Manager will determine a warehousing strategy to allow the production floor to maintain efficient, steady production while providing low lead time delivery to projects.
The Logistics Manager and team members will be responsible for documenting, coordinating, standardizing and establishing standardized packaging schemes and for the recommended procedures to handle these on-site.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain a high standard of quality and guide direct reports to do the same
- Manage, train, and motivate logistics personnel
- Track logistics milestones and deadlines
- Track and manage the quality of logistical solutions and engage in root-cause analysis when problems arise
- Regularly report on the key production metrics of the department and acknowledge accomplishments, pursue corrective actions, and ask for help when needed.
- Establish continuous improvement efforts to ensure the engineered product is industry-leading
- Establish processes to evaluate the site conditions impacting the design of logistic solutions
- Coordinate efforts to keep all departments working together towards the same schedule.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 10 years of supervisory experience in a logistics role
- Strong knowledge of glass and aluminum production processes and best-practices
- Proven history of developing a logistics department including developing solutions and coordinating with 3rd parties
- Familiarity with construction sites and logistics
- 15 years experience in a management role of a logistics department
- Master's Degree in Construction Management or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with commercial renovation construction sites in high-rise buildings
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand technical drawings and mechanical principles
- Excellent computer skills
- Must have experience using analytical systems to evaluate logistics performance
- Must be able to provide a big-picture strategy for achieving the company's logistics goals
Reports To: Manufacturing Operations Director
Direct Reports: Logistics Associates
Working Relationships: Engineering Manager, Design Engineers, Continuous Improvement Manager, Manufacturing Engineers, Industrial Engineers, Material Handlers, Construction Manager, Product Managers, Project Field Superintendents
Back to top