About the Role
WeWork seeks a designer with at least two years of experience for our interior design studio. Designer will aid in the creation of vibrant co-working environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from 5,000 - 100,000sf worldwide. Rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and ability to work with others. Periodic travel may be required.
- Collaborate with Design Lead to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and program
- Collaborate with Project Team Architect to develop layout(s).
- Collaborate with Design Lead to insure project design intent follows WW brand standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with Design Lead on design concept/mood and how to successfully implement from concept phase through project execution.
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Work closely with FF&E Sourcing Lead and Logistics Lead to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and track FF&E supply chain (lead times, quantities, finishes).
- Substantial involvement during Documentation and Pre-construction/Bidding to convey design intent and finalize selection of products and vendors
- Substantial involvement during Staging and Closeout Stages to insure design intent is maintained through project installation.
- Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service to high end clientele
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy
- Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- High level of comfort working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, , SKUs, etc.)
- Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SKETCHUP, Rhino and Revit AutoCad
- Knowledge in space planning a plus
- AS or BA Degree required, with a major in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 2 years of experience
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top