About the Role
WeWork seeks an Interior Designer with at least two years of experience for our interior design studio. Our Designer will aid in the creation of vibrant co-working environments, collaborative spaces, and special projects ranging from 5,000 - 100,000sf worldwide. Rapid project schedule requires organization, tenacity, and ability to work with others. Periodic travel may be required across different areas of APAC.
Collaborate with Design Lead to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to the market, neighborhood, and program.
Collaborate with Project Team Architect to develop layout(s).
Collaborate with Design Lead to insure project design intent follows WW brand standards and best practices.
Collaborate with Design Lead on design concept/mood and how to successfully implement from concept phase through project execution.
Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
Work closely with FF&E Sourcing Lead and Logistics Lead to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and track FF&E supply chain (lead times, quantities, finishes).
PatricSubstantial involvement during Documentation and Pre-construction/Bidding to convey design intent and finalize selection of products and vendors.
Substantial involvement during Staging and Closeout Stages to insure design intent is maintained through project installation.
Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design
A commitment to delivering outstanding service to high end clientele
Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
Self-directed with a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
Open to feedback, with boundless amounts of positive energy
Highly resourceful problem solver and quick learner
Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
High level of comfort working with project schedules (timelines, quantities, prices, SKUs, etc.)
Proficient in the following programs: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SKETCHUP, Rhino and Revit AutoCad
Knowledge in space planning a plus
AS or BA Degree required, with a major in Interior Design or Architecture
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Bilingual, with fluent English
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top