HR Analyst, Mobility
About the Role
The HR Analyst, Mobility will be involved in all aspects of international assignments, with an emphasis in assisting the management of WeWork’s global mobility program, especially U.S. inbound/outbound immigration. This role will support the HR Director, Mobility. The responsibilities of this position include a wide variety of duties requiring strict attention to detail and exceptional communication skills. The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Assist managing inbound and outbound immigration activities for the business
- Work closely with employees, hiring managers, recruiters, and other various stakeholders: gather necessary documentations; and advise on the U.S. nonimmigrant and immigrant visa petitions, as well as global visa applications (EMEA, APAC, and Americas)
- Initiate work permit and immigration cases with immigration service providers
- Monitor appropriate record keeping in compliance with DHS, DOL, and DOS regulations, including Labor Conditions Applications (LCA) Public Access File
- Maintain and track visa and work permit status for all authorized employees
- Ensure appropriate communication with all stakeholders and liaise with employees to keep them informed of progress during work authorization process
- File business visitor visas at Consulates and other visa processing agencies
- Facilitate all aspects of international assignments, from pre-assignment through repatriation: immigration; benefits; payroll; tax; and expense reimbursements
- Coordinate interactions with other departments such as payroll, shared services, and legal
- May initiate international assignment and localization with relocation service providers
- May provide assignment cost projections and assist the team with drafting assignment letters
- Work closely with Director and outside tax service providers to advise on tax equalization, tax briefing, and tax implications for employees on assignment
- Assist tax service providers with filing tax returns in host country while providing specific guidance to expats regarding various tax forms
- Review and audit vendor invoices for accuracy and process them with A/P
- Work closely with Director and outside global mobility service providers to develop and improve program, policies, and general administration of the mobility process
- Work closely with Director to ensure all expatriate assignments and business travel are in compliance with legal, immigration, and tax requirements
- Work with external vendor to help manage the administration of all U.S. relocation
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of U.S. inbound, outbound and/or global immigration related experience in a fast-paced environment including experience with international relocations and localization in a global organization
- 1-2 years of HR-related or global mobility/expatriate management experience including international HR, tax, benefits, and/or payroll
- Excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Highly skilled with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Willing to learn and assist with other ad-hoc projects as necessary
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top