Head of Revenue, EMEA
About the Role
The Head of Revenue, EMEA is responsible for crafting the strategy and leading the regional sales organization in achieving new member sales forecasts. On a global level, the role will have responsibility for building the tools and programs in support of the entire revenue organization across all channels, including Enterprise Sales, Channel Partnerships and Member Services.
The ideal candidate is a senior and experienced sales executive who has a passion for evangelizing the company’s mission, and growing organizations to achieve WeWork’s growth initiatives and revenue goals. S/he will be a strategic thinker and have a strong ability to work cross-functionally in an entrepreneurial and hands-on environment. This sales leader must be a hands-on “player/coach” who has a proven track record building/mentoring a team as well as scaling a sales organization. Additionally, s/he will be experienced leading a large and geographically dispersed sales organization.
The successful candidate will have had experience building, leading, and motivating a robust, successful sales organization that has a local sales / SMB component to it. S/he may hail from various sectors including multi-market local sales (top 50 DMA’s), regional sales, a mix of national/local sales, and/or any other sales organization whereby there was a sophisticated and meaningful approach to the selling and marketing of products and services. Ideal candidates will also have P&L experience and a keen understanding of pricing optimization and market dynamics.
S/he will possess a keen understanding of the real estate marketplace and ecosystem, and has the ability to identify industry trends and key marketing strategies, and assess how to secure revenue by complementing/competing with other key players in the sector. Ideally this executive will have deep experience managing indirect sales teams with prior experience creating referral programs, managing broker/dealer channels, and overseeing key accounts/corporate sales teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and lead an existing direct sales organization, and build new indirect sales channels to compliment existing ones
- Drive forecasted sales objectives through proper account management, opening new doors, closing new deals and building WeWork’s brand in key markets.
- Envision strategic sales and marketing plans, taking into account current and past sales activities as well as additional revenue generating opportunities
- Lead the strategic sales efforts to ensure that opportunities are fully developed and that WeWork’s resources are available to support customer requirements today and in the future
- Develop, expand and maintain strategic member relationships; craft innovative and creative programs which will drive revenues
- Ensure that WeWork’s value proposition is emphasized in the marketplace ensuring that WeWork is always top of mind with real estate brokers and agents
- Evaluate and create pricing and packaging strategies that deliver value
- Combine leading, managing, and doing to drive sales and revenue
- Constantly evaluate the sales organization - pivot and optimize based on marketplace requirements
- Recruit top talent as well as motivate, guide and coach the Account Executives and the lead generation teams through all aspects of the sales cycle with a constant eye on upselling existing partners
- Keep Senior Management informed on all issues, status of key functions, and performance against planned goals
- Cultivate proactive relationships with all internal and external constituents to provide a perspective to the issues and opportunities that face each group vis-à-vis attracting members
- Use both qualitative and quantitative research to support efforts to further distinguish the benefits of associating with WeWork
- Lead and mentor team members by creating engaging sales programs, assisting in project allocation, and goal setting and tracking. Work with team to set consistent weekly, monthly and yearly sales reporting and goals.
- Perform analysis, evaluate metrics, and analyze member feedback in order to identify areas of improvement.
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s’ degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ of revenue and/or sales management in a relevant industry such as hospitality, technology or related consulting services; 5+ years’ experience leading teams
- Experience with recurring revenue or subscription business models preferred
- Proven success and ability to execute both tactical and strategic initiatives
- A team-building mindset and experience in hiring, mentoring and managing high performing sales teams
- Able to travel 50% of the time
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork’s mission and values
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top