Full-Stack Software Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for experienced and passionate software engineers that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute on projects. Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box and dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. Our technology stack is primarily PHP, Zend Expressive, Angular, and PostgreSQL but we take advantage of a number of other technologies within our development ecosystem as well.
- You are fluent in PHP with experience in at least one of the main frameworks (Zend, Symfony, Laravel) a plus, and stay up-to-date on best practices.
- You are fluent in one or more frontend libraries. Angular experience preferred.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- You subscribe to DRY principles.
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches
- You know when to apply duct tape and when to rebuild
- You want to work in a small team, using agile principles
- You mentor other developers when needed
- You work hard and don’t need much oversight
- You like variety in your projects
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top