Front Desk Associate
About the Role
WeWork is looking for a talented and passionate Front Desk Associate. This full time position will report directly to the Community Manager. Our team adds a personal touch to each of our buildings and we’re committed to empowering our members in every way. We keep our buildings full of amazing small businesses and entrepreneurs by making inspiring first impressions with everyone we meet. We’re the heart and soul of the WeWork experience.
Goals and Objectives
Support the Community Management team to achieve the following:
- Create a collaborative community environment amongst our members through events and
- building relationships between members
- Ensure that building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
- Drive growth and promotion of WeWork-provided service offerings
- Take direction from the CM to support the Community Team as necessary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first and last point of contact for your building
- Greet and check-in member guests
- Greet people who come in for tours, track walk-ins, schedule tours, and send confirmation
- Manage Commons Member check-ins and check-out
- Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions, event support, email and print communications
- Be active on the WeWork member network
- Conduct building walkthroughs
- Solve member related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Assist with move ins and move outs; prepare and distribute member welcome packets
- Assist with building operations and maintenance to ensure highest level of member experience
- Fielding and assigning requests submitted through Zendesk
- Manage keycard activations and bike room access requests where applicable
- Ensuring the building is clean and well kept
- Ordering consumables
- Mail and Package responsibilities as needed
Experience and Requirements
- College graduate with a four year degree preferred but not required
- Customer Service and/or sales experience a plus
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for WeWork mission and values
- Proficient in Basic Computer Skills
- Both English and Mandarin are required
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the flexibility to think outside on the "box".
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- Ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- Takes an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arises.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well, and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- Also willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than 50,000 members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top