Facilities Operations Manager
Position Goals & Objectives
- Provide support in all trades to effectively maintain buildings and continually reduce defects
- Increase operational effectiveness & efficiency of buildings and infrastructure
- Illustrate the WeWork core values and strive to achieve our mission
- Assist in building the portfolio facilities team as needed
- Directly manage portfolio facilities team
- Maintain Portfolio’s 90% SLA
- Minimize overtime hours paid in portfolio
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule facilities staff to achieve the most optimal labor time/cost ratio
- Be the first point of escalation for large facility maintenance emergencies and DOCs
- Work with service contractors & FOTs to schedule as needed
- Prioritize daily facility issues and effectively delegate responsibilities
- Daily oversight of facilities budgets and spending
- Oversee maintenance-related procurement requests
- Project-manage portfolio large-scale maintenance projects
- Directly oversee portfolio facilities personnel in triple net lease buildings
- Execute on Global strategy set by Head of Assets management and Facilities
- Ensuring Fire & Life Safety & New York Code compliance
- Negotiate and maintaining facilities service contracts including but not limited to:
- Pest Control
- Waste Removal
- Develop and oversee all Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Act as the liaison between the Community Management team and the building’s Property Management team for any escalated issues
- Manage time sheets
- Solve escalated (level 2) maintenance requests submitted via ticketing system
- Weekly review of the Zendesk data reports to:
- Drive SLAs to 90%
- Manage assignees/staff performance
- Planning resolutions for aging tickets
- Identify and act on Facilities’ categories with recurring SLAs below 75%
- Facilitate the purchase of emergency items
- Meet KPI targets within the portfolio set by Global Head of Facilities & Asset management
- Participate in building opening Hand Over and Punch List completion
Experience and Requirements:
- 5 plus years experience in overseeing the Maintenance function for a minimum of 5 locations
- Experience managing a team of greater than 5 employees
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- 2-year technical degree or 4-year college degree preferred
- 5 plus years of management experience in the facilities, construction or related industry
- Strong working knowledge of commercial MEP systems, specifically HVAC, plumbing, fire and life safety systems and electrical distribution networks
- Excellent communication, organization and written skills
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: BOC; SMA; FMA
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top