Job Description Summary
Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on buildings, not limited to building mechanical systems, plumbing, and electrical grid for assigned properties.
• Conducts physical inspections and repairs of the facility, grounds, premises, hallways, common areas, restrooms, etc. noting anything that might be in need of repair, maintenance, clean-up, or is a hazard and reports same to the appropriate building staff.
• Under direction of supervisor, will conduct repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching, office and kitchen equipment, furniture, walls, ceiling tiles, carpeting, floor tiles, etc.
• With direction from a supervisor, prioritize work orders, handle urgent requests, respond to tenant and client calls as required, and complete any and all assigned facility support, clean-up, maintenance, moving, event support, set-up, and repair work.
• Expected to support the various skilled trade personnel at a facility or complex in the performance and completion of their duties as needed and assigned
• Provides a safe and orderly work environment.
• Under direction of supervisor, create positive facility experience for all customers.
• Maintain KPI targets within defined parameters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in facility maintenance, repairs, moving, freight/docks, or mechanical work
• Strong professional painting experience required
• High School Diploma or GED
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to use computers for work order processing, e-mail communication
• Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness
• Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including bending, squatting, stretching and lifting up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
• On occasion, may be required to lift items weighing 50 to 100 pounds
• Carpentry and Millwork installation and repair experience welcome
• Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
• Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
• Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
• Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
• Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
Back to top