Facilities and Building Operations Director
Facilities and Building Operations Director, Greater China
The Facilities and Building Operations Director role is crucialin supporting the day to day management and effective operations of the company's assets in multiple locations across the various markets internationally for the designated portfolio. This includes preventive maintenance programs, team management, and function performance reporting. This position is based in Shanghai and reports directlyto the Regional Head of Building Operations.
- Well versed in company standards and how the functional services Community.
- Supports in driving compliance of Global Standards and in the development of market specific standards.
- POC for all POP (Post Occupancy Projects) requests and distributes responsibility for major upgrades to the WeWork product team for completion
- Manages all onboarding and training content relevant to the function within the portfolio; supports with new hires, educates local teams facilitating onboarding and ongoing training.
- AccountFunctionaladministrative stakeholder in the management and operations of all operating tools and software utilized to manage functions. Includes changes to Zendesk, Workday, Stargate, CMMS.
- Monitors and reports on asset performance ( operating and financial) utilizing data across various tools ( i.e Zendesk, Looker, Fieldlens, Stargate, Workday, WeConnect, CMMS, RedVector) to identify recurring deficiencies and its impact to the function; escalates to function leadership and recommend improvements to the operations of the function.
- Performs periodic onsite quality checks and reports on compliance to standards up to the Function and Regional Leadership providing insight performance against KPI's and overall Function Health.
- Escalates high level issues impacting Community and Memberships, and brings in key stakeholders to offer an expeditious full resolution.
- Supports Facilities Managers by tracking and reporting on status of Building Handover to drive a seamless delivery between Construction and Facilities.
- Maintains up to date logs and files of building information, documentation and specifications for effective day to day operations.
- Supports the Functional Managers in tracking preventive and corrective maintenance programs.
- Supports Functional Managers and Asset Managers in the vetting and procurement of new service contracts.
- Works collaboratively with the Shared Services teams to audit and review all vendors, contracts,and invoices are current and are compliant with our Service Level Agreements. Includes logging COI's, annual spend, and agreement terms.
- Drive building performance and staff utilization by constant communication, team alignment, progress status against set KPI's and OKR's.
- Tracks Specials Projects and Capital Improvements requests submitted for each functions in the Territory and supports Functional Managers in the coordination and execution of said projects.
Portfolio Specific Responsibilities:
- Reports directly to the Regional Head of Operations while supporting all operations functions across an entire portfolio.
- Creates ad-hoc reports and dashboards as needed for building support to major enterprise clients
- Attends weekly strategic operations meetings with key stakeholders including both WeWork and client leadership
- Occasional travel to Global locations
- Shanghai based position
Critical Competencies for Success
- Knowledge of operating principles, guidelines and compliance.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of MEP systems, the built environment and typical preventive/corrective maintenance.
- High interest in technology and current workplace trends in efforts to support the function as a"stand out"organization in the Functional Management industry.
- Strong performance management and conflict management skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary communications skills (active listening, written & verbal).
- Strong financial management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and aptitude for other relevant technologies.
- Ability to plan and organize work initiatives to successfully accomplish central goals and objectives.
- Ability to think critically, multi-task, prioritize and delegate as appropriate.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement short/long-term strategic goals and objectives.
Experience and Requirements
- 7 + years experience in Operations Management leading various process improvement projects and supporting the managing of the day to day maintenance and operations of multiple facilities.
- Distinct passion in Operations and playing a key stakeholder in the management of an ever evolving business.
- Analytical mindset and utilizes the company's resources and tools to draw conclusions that are data driven and fact based.
- Experience in driving cost reduction in OpEx and meeting the company's financial goals.
- Detail oriented and high level of quality standard.
- Comfort in working under pressured, time-sensitive, and rapidly evolving situations.
- Advanced spreadsheet, presentation, and document processing skills
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the management and completion of critical work.
Back to top