Espresso Bar Barista
Position Goals & Objectives
- To provide coffee-shop experience to WeWork members and visitors
- Cultivate the WeWork Community spirit and values
- Operate the espresso bar at maximum efficiency
- Meet the monthly sales goals
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop high coffee and café standards and follow through best practices
- Manage the P&L of the espresso bar
- Reconcile and track monthly packing slips and invoices
- Periodic reporting
- Sales report
- Purchasing reports
- Inventory report
- Pricing updates
- Communicate effectively with the local Community Management team
- Support local community events
- Support local marketing and sales initiatives
- Act as the food & beverage expert for the team
- Handle light food preparation
- Innovate & offer new beverage lines based on local community team and members needs
- Manage and maintain inventory
- Troubleshoot and resolve espresso bar operational and technical matters
- Oversee espresso bar specialty cleaning procedures with the Community Services team
- Manage vendors relations
- Market and Promote the café within the community
- Execute HQ lead programing initiatives in space
- Great communicator – with both WeWork members and team
- Above-average organizational skills
- Upbeat and friendly personality
- Detail oriented
- Innovator and creative
Experience and Requirements
- 2 years of proven Barista experience
- 1 year experience of coffee shop operation
- Cost center tracking
- Vendor(s) relations management
- Knowledge of Latte Art
- Food prep experience
- Food handler certificate (preferred)
- Ability to work with diverse group of peers and suppliers
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top