Engineering Manager - Device Management
The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee's and member's lives. We do good work on every scale, and we're proud of it.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is designing and building Hardware systems and devices to instrument and control our spaces and those of our partners.
The Device Management team is building core services to manage the full lifecycle of devices, as well as services and integrations to actuate devices and a set of APIs for other teams to control devices in physical spaces within WeWork. The Core services required include on-boarding / provisioning, a control center, alerts, metrics, etc. for these devices.
The Engineering manager will play an integral role in the building and development of the team and platform.
- Build, manage, and scale WeWork's Core Device Systems for full device lifecycle management
- Work to build and lead a multi-functional team of skilled Software Engineers and external resources through definition, development and implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently working in conjunction with a rapidly growing cross-functional team and external suppliers
- Play a pivotal role in how WeWork builds and scales the organization to help develop, test and deploy future deliverables
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with software development in similar roles in consumer electronics, IoT or other industries
- 3+ years of hands on engineering management of 4+ engineers
- Strong technical background in Software Engineering
- Experience building and operating large-scale distributed containerized systems (preferably Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with serverless and microservice technologies
- Experience with cloud computing services, like AWS, Google Cloud
- Embedded linux development
- Hiring and building a team of excellent hardware engineers
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Device instrumentation / IoT experience
- Exposure to hardware development
- Real-time computing systems
- On-premises infrastructure and deployments
Back to top