EMEA Accountant, Senior Associate (Expenses)
WeWork is hiring a Senior Associate Accountant to join our newly regionalised Financial Reporting Team at our amazing London HQ.
This isn't your usual Accountant role. You'll be responsible for the month-end close for all the EMEA business entities in this incredibly exciting, high growth region. The role is within a newly created team with great potential to add value both within Finance and the wider organisation. WeWork is a fast-paced, ever-changing organisation so the role is best suited to a self-starter, who is not afraid to dive right in and continually adapt to the organisation's needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The accounting recognition and recording of building-specific occupancy and infrastructure charges, and corporate general administrative expenditures across various business lines including Powered by We which is a service offering to Enterprise Members.
- Ensuring expenses are properly coded, supporting staff across the business in the understanding and accurate booking of expense data
- Financial analysis of all expense lines is completed on a monthly basis, with appropriate and relevant commentary provided
- At WeWork we are always looking at better ways of working, and we want you to constantly push this in how we complete our manual processes, how we can improve them, make them more efficient and automate where necessary
- Working across many regions, as we expand across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Operating expense accrual accounting function for the EMEA region to be regionalised and enhanced
- Full ownership of the month-end close, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analytical review
- Reporting to Group HQ on a timely and accurate basis
- As we continue to grow, our focus on expenses will increase and this role will encourage real interaction across the business.
- Experience with accounting basics; accounting controls, process and procedures, Excel and accounting systems (We use Workday)
- Good at accounting reconciliations - their presence makes you sleep at night
- US GAAP and Financial Standards interpretation
- Strong problem solver - you love solving puzzles
- Newly or part qualified accountant
- Audit experience is a plus, with some industry a huge advantage
- Into the details, but can step back and see the big picture
- Good communicator
- Strong self-starter, initiative is your middle name
- People and engagement - you want and thrive on working with people and across lots of teams, and you're happy to work across Real Estate, Shared Service and Revenue Accounting teams on the expense related projects
- Accuracy is everything, speed and a sharp attitude
To be considered, please add a cover letter (350 words max) to your application covering the following questions:
- Example of process improvement which you either identified and led or were heavily involved in. Be sure to cover what was the problem you were solving/control improving, what were the outcomes and make it as relevant as possible to this role.
- Your proudest achievement so far
- What makes you want to join WeWork?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top