Director, Security and Health & Safety
Director, Security and Health & Safety
About the Role
WeWork's Greater China Building Operations Team is currently in search of a Director of Security and Health & Safety who is proficient and highly experienced in all elements of physical security as it relates to site security, adjusting standard security designs to regional and enterprise client specifications, and managing a regional Safety and Security team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for more responsibility and the hunger to secure amazing spaces and revolutionize the definition of workspace.
As a Security Director you will be involved in multiple projects from start to finish working with internal security, construction, design, logistics, operations and development teams as well as other inter-departmental groups to bring WeWork spaces from concept to fruition. Externally, you will be managing and interfacing with potential Enterprise Member Companies, as well as hired consultants, to bring larger clients into WeWork and customize their spaces while maintaining our fleetwide standards and practices.
- Be the local champion for safety and security standards and ensure every project is in full adherence to the fleetwide standard.
- Establish relationships with landlords and property managers to maintain strong and beneficial ties and quickly address any and all security issues at the source.
- Liaise with prospective Enterprise Member companies' security team leads to discuss, develop, and document physical and technological requirements and customization in concert with fleetwide Basis of Design, with minimal direction.
- Work with preferred vendors to develop and review large scale regional contracts to support our service and project needs.
- Host regular meetings with local law enforcement, first responders, relief personnel, and industry peers to establish collaborative rapport with local support and thought partners.
- Partner with the regional leadership to ensure full Safety & Security Team contribution to the region's operational needs.
- Be the subject matter expert for physical security, as well as Health and Safety (OSHA or OSHA standard equivalent) in region for Safety and Security.
- Oversees HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) plans, playbooks and procedures for the geographical region of responsibility. Ensures HSE plans and playbooks are current, complete and effectively implemented.
- Promotes safety consciousness among employees by providing accurate and informative data, conducting safety meetings, giving timely feedback, on safety suggestions and visibly supporting the safety program(s).
- Manage Safety & Security Team members, including Manager and Leads, ensuring that incident reporting and management, security technology issues, Safety & Security training, and general Safety & Security Team standards are being met and adhered to.
- Ensure efficiency and quality of projects, by collaborating with all teams on the execution of WeWork standards, goals and brand ideals.
- Communicate regularly with Safety & Security core and regional teams, as well as the project team with updates, for example, of the status of each project, potential issues on site, changes in schedule or budget, etc.
- Work closely with regional WeWork Security managers and global Enterprise team
- Work collaboratively with high level Enterprise member stakeholders.
- Work closely with Enterprise sales team to collect Enterprise member information including workplace standards and performance metrics.
- Work with local building codes and construction standards.
- Understand project budgeting and scheduling with a focus on soft costs and the ability to communicate and work closely with consultants to ensure that project milestones are being met and deliverables are on time.
- Participate in project teams that include high profile/high visibility projects.
Experiences and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in related field required. Masters degree in related field or MBA preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of market health and safety codes and regulations.
- Experience in business continuity planning and provisioning.
- Crisis and incident management training.
- Ability to source, aggregate, digest, and act upon news and intelligence from various sources ranging from traditional media, social media, and open source platforms.
- Experience in security design (technical and operational) in unique and challenging environments.
- Ability to initiate and maintain extensive contacts with professionals and officials of other organizations and companies.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.
- Experience with access control software and systems.
- Excellent decision making skills.
- Reliable, focused, and detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of low voltage technology (CCTV, Alarms, access control). Understanding of basic networking concepts.
- Experience operating in enterprise systems with global reach.
- Experience managing large scale projects with multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
- Experience with helpdesk applications.
- Experience with service management software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications and have the ability to learn and use new platforms.
- Proficient in the following programs: all things Google, Bluebeam, MS Office, AirTable, Slack.
- 10+ years practical experience in physical security design and implementation.
- 5+ years of client-facing experience in safety/security.
- Experience with S2 Access Control System.
- Experience using Zendesk ticket management system.
- Experience with Google apps and programs.
- Ability to confidently review and markup construction documents. Knowledge of various development disciplines preferred.
- CPP Certified.
Back to top