Director, People Team, US West Region
About the Role
WeWork is seeking a extremely talented, hands-on, member of our People Team (HR) who exemplifies team work and professionalism. This role is based in San Francisco with minimal travel (10%). The ideal candidate will be an (HR) professional with broad 'generalist' experience who will thrive in a highly dynamic, high growth company, capable of delivering results in a very short period of time. The person in this role must be able to effectively engage and influence employees, managers, and leaders at all levels.
- Ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best in class (HR) support to internal customer groups
- Establish and manage ongoing strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide effective, thoughtful coaching to build management and leadership capabilities
- Support managers to address and resolve a wide variety of employee relations challenges
- Ensure alignment of HR related programs, processes, and projects with strategic business objectives
- Aligning global, regional, and local programs and initiatives
- Enforce consistency with our policies and procedures
- Deliver on business-critical People Team initiatives and projects
- Be an expert in industry best practices around functional areas of new trends and opportunities to constantly raise the bar on HR deliverable
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, Human Resources or related field is required
- Minimum 7 years experience as HR Business Partner with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a high volume, fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Understanding of the customer service/customer experience issues related to member-facing business.
- Proven ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Experience partnering with business managers and leaders in a dynamic business setting
- Strong analytical capabilities and and ability to influence managers/leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Strong understanding and ability to be highly productive and influential in a matrixed management environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document and report preparation
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top