Director of Training and Development
POSITION GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
- Managing a team of training professionals to help with the following:
- Develop Community Team facing Training content (onboarding and continued learning)
- Develop Training team, facilitation skills, enhancing quality of the team’s work and productivity
- Building culture through team member moral and loyalty to the organization and it’s mission
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Training instructors in techniques and skills for optimal learning
- Manage and oversee production of training content for Community Team
- Own our Learning Management System
- Supervising training team to ensure voice and content is effective, on brand and in compliance with HR standards included but not limited to:
- Digital platforms & learning modules
- Classroom training presentations, voice and content delivery
- On the job trainings & assignments
- Virtual trainings / Distance learning
- Individual training plans for existing team members
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by outside development workshops as necessary
- Prepare training budget for departmental organization
- Periodically evaluate training effectiveness and needs through ongoing communication with Community Managers, General Managers and Senior Community Managers
- Maintain and improve programs to enhance skills and prepare for future roles that require greater skill (Growth through achievement)
- Manage endorsement program quality, content and recognition
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- College degree or equivalent with experience in business, marketing, or management
- 6+ years Communication and Business writing experience and training including:
- Curriculum / content development
- Facilitating delivery to large crowds
- Online / Virtual instructional delivery and content management through fast growth
- Strong communication, writing and Public Speaking skills
- 3+ years of management experience
- Proven success record and strategic experience in training and coaching
- Several years of experience with the organization and understanding of business tools and infrastructure
- Familiarity with development and delivering knowledge sharing programs
- Exceptional verbal, written and video or online development skills
- Knowledge of training, customer service, building company culture and change management methodology
- Excellent organizational, project management and problem solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships; ability to build trust with team and implement accountability through leadership and integrity
- Business operations and / or project management a plus
- Exceptional relationship management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates our values with integrity, responsibility and as strong belief in our Company mission
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services our members need to create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
We’re a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who instill the idea of working better together in everything that we do. Our success is the result of our collaboration: talented and outstanding team members who always challenge convention. We have over tens of thousands of members in our community that spans cities around the world.
We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative workspaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our members thrive in communities online. Our ability to aggregate their needs enables us to offer them a variety of support services at a value that would otherwise be unavailable to them. We always go the extra mile to help them in their effort to build sustainable businesses and successful lives.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn’t yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started.
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We have empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top