Director of Standards, WeLive
WeLive is a new way of living built upon community, flexibility, and a fundamental belief that we are only as good as the people we surround ourselves with. From mailrooms and laundry rooms that double as bars and event spaces to communal kitchens, roof decks, and hot tubs, WeLive challenges traditional apartment living through physical spaces that foster meaningful relationships. Life is better when we are part of something greater than ourselves.
About the Role
We are currently in search of a Director of Standards who is highly experienced in all phases of design, with a successful track record of designing and delivering hospitality, residential, and/or commercial spaces.
As the Director of Standards you will lead the charge to define and implement WeLive brand standards. Passion and drive are key to succeeding in this role. As you lead a team of designers and architects, they will look to you for innovation in design thinking, clarity of direction, and strength in leadership.
- Lead design and delivery of new WeLive spaces, working with team to define brand standards and direction
- Actively participate at all levels of project design and delivery
- Provide critical design review to design teams, communicating design ideas and direction quickly
- Inspire creativity among team members
- Resolve complex design issues with innovation and practical solutions
- Champion excellent team communication and consultant coordination as necessary to support the design effort
- Responsible for determining and organizing functional requirements, providing programming and space planning, and code analysis with minimal direction.
- Highly capable of working with a team, both as a collaborator and director
- A commitment to delivering outstanding high end design.
- Desire to mentor team members and foster professional growth on individual level
- Comprehensive knowledge of building materials, FF&E, construction methods, and project scheduling.
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong programming and space planning skills
- High level of design competence and expertise in FF&E
- Knowledge of state and local building codes including accessibility
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Interior Design or Architecture required.
- Proficient in the following programs: Revit, all things Google, CAD, SketchUp, MS Office
- 10+ years practical experience in high end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial or Retail Interior / Architectural Design.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top