Director of Software Engineering
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineering Director with a consistent record in delivering web and mobile applications to production. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and your engineering teams to help define and execute on projects. We look for you to have strong analytical skills, be able to think creatively and adept at handling and guiding a team through ambiguity. You have strong interpersonal skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle.
About the Mission
The Member Experience mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. Our tools give our members superpowers to connect with the people and things which will make them happy and successful. We are able to do this primarily through the WeWork App (Android, iOS, web) and its core services.
- You'll manage 2-5 software engineering teams (20-50 people) that build, design, implement and maintains front-ends and back-ends for Member products and related services.
- You'll set goals and oversee planning of engineering and product focused projects.
- Manage robust and scalable systems in order to get ahead of the demand.
- You can influence and establish best engineering practices through solid design decisions, processes and tools.
- You will ensure data collection and storage facilitates analysis and reporting
- You will aligns cultural, technology and process decisions across the functional area, mission and department.
- 15 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of managing managers for cloud-based web, mobile and backend application development (mentoring junior managers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Large systems software design and development experience, including experience in building web and native mobile applications plus backend APIs
- Solid foundation in design, data structures and algorithms, and strong analytical and debugging skills with customer-facing products experience.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Our technology stack is primarily Ruby, React/Redux, but we are not dogmatic about it.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there's a macro shift toward a new way of working-one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top