Director of Sales
About the Role
WeWork is currently seeking a Director of Sales for Australia, Hong Kong, Korea. This full time position is based in Hong Kong and will report jointly to the General Manager of Hong Kong and the VP of Sales, APAC. This individual will be responsible for leading a successful sales team, both inbound (New Member Development) and outbound (Sales Development), and directly lead, and eventually build a team for key accounts and corporate sales (Emerging Sales). In addition, this role is responsible for driving best sales practices in-building together with the Country General Manager for our Community team in each of our local WeWork locations to achieve country sales goals. Our sales team is the front line of our member experience, which is why we need a leader who understands and is passionate about WeWork and our mission.
As a successful Director of Sales, your primary responsibilities will include (though will not be limited to):
- You will manage the day to day responsibilities of the local sales team and execute strategies to support the sales goals of the team and company
- Hire, on-board and train new team members
- Provide innovative, scalable solutions including data management and sales processes to achieve team goals
- You will directly engage with larger sales opportunities and be responsible for building your own book of business across Emerging Sales, and with time build a dedicated Emerging Sales team
- Actively work on improving in-building sales through information sharing, training, goal setting, management of the sales pipeline and key KPIs in partnership with our local Community Managers
- Communicate regular updates to your team about sales objectives and processes
- Manage a growing team that needs to support the global expansion of the company.
- Work with automation platforms such as Salesforce, which play a crucial role in our data management and sales pipeline processes.
- Own the inbound and outbound sales process: lead qualification, prospecting, pipeline building and opportunity identification.
- Create sales & operational processes from grassroots and also recommend relevant system solutions specific to your country, to align with our global structure and processes.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments (i.e. physical product and especially legal) to customize offerings and contractual agreements to special accounts/members
- Maintain regular cadence with global/regional sales org to communicate best practices and share learnings
- Execute and implement inbound and outbound scalable sales strategies and processes that align with WeWork’s goals
- Work towards/maintain 100% building occupancy through achieving booked tour goals and support of in-building sales
- Own outbound lead generation and conversion rates throughout the sales funnel.
- Evaluate current issues and configure enhancements that provide long-term solutions to a growing global sales team.
- Analyze data to create compelling presentations about the teams results, as well as solutions to improve the teams performance.
- Work closely with other department managers in sales to ensure success across the company
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 4 years of sales experience and 2 years of running a sales team at a medium to high growth company
- Experience managing people and growing teams.
- Comfortable using marketing automation platforms and CRM – Salesforce experience highly desirable.
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit – WeWork is growing incredibly quickly, meaning each employee will be given significant responsibility and autonomy. This will mean hard work, but will also mean much room for innovation in developing processes and/or programs that could benefit the company and create room for significant personal and career growth.
- Demonstrated experience in prospecting, developing and closing sales, both in high-volume sales and key accounts
- Experience in customer service and relationship building are highly desirable.
- Results driven with an ability to execute in a sales environment.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and multi-tasking skills.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top