Director of Real Estate Transactions
The Real Estate Transactions or “Closing” team is a subset of the Real Estate department and responsible for closing quality deals in a timely manner. Given our deal volume, these subject-matter experts focus on the period of time between signed term sheet and signed lease, driving the negotiation process while working closely with the deal originators and legal council. High-level goals include:
- Ensure advantageous deal terms across entire WeWork and WeLive portfolio
- Oversee lease negotiation process; ensure effective negotiation and execution for each deal
- Support development of new product offerings (IE management agreements, WeLive deals)
- Negotiate and execute transactions, working closely with SVP of RE Transactions, Deal team and Legal team
- Confer with Due Diligence, Finance, Design, Operations and Construction to ensure each departments’ needs are met throughout Lease transaction
- Report back to SVP of RE Transactions if any cross-departmental issues or business issues arise
- Assist in Term Sheet negotiation as needed, particularly for new and junior Deal Leads
- Train and educate Deal Leads in Term Sheet and Lease negotiation
- Create and facilitate processes that ensure all business needs are met in the most efficient manner
- Superior negotiation skills
- Extensive background in leasing and lease negotiation
- Strong understanding of real estate and development industry
- Teamwork, cooperation, and ability to develop others
- Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Highly resourceful, adaptable problem solver and quick learner
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines
- Strong time management skills and experience managing numerous deals simultaneously
- Reliable, focused, and detail-oriented
- Excels under pressure and can maintain a calm demeanor
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
Back to top